Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Living Room Dance Party #4

Day 3 of the Snowpocalypse is upon us, and Living Room Dance Parties are the only thing keeping us sane right now!  When preschooler and toddler boiling points were reaching their limit yesterday, I pulled this ace out and saved our morning.



Short answer:  The Ivy Leaf Set by The Border Collies.  Press play and go nuts!

Long answer:  The Border Collies are an Atlanta-based Celtic band who are supremely awesome.  I may be biased, since I've been lucky enough to be member twice (we keep moving, durn it!).  I got to collaborate and perform on their last album, Sticks and Stones, and The Ivy Leaf Set is one of my absolute favorite tunes on it.  It opens with a guitar line by the AMAZING Michael Robbins so exciting that the Dude can't help but start running in circles immediately.  Zac Leger is an emeritus member who came back to help record on a few tracks with the Aeolian pipes and whistles, and this showcases both.  Oh, and then there's a sweet fiddle that comes in near the end (yours truly:). You can get the album in hard copy or MP3 here on CD Baby.  The reason it's so great for a Living Room Dance Party is that it's a set of 3 tunes, so it changes things up right when a wee attention span starts to drift off.  LOVE IT.

Oh, and did I mention I'm playing a show with them February 25th in Duluth, Georgia??  I'll give y'all more details as they come!

Now a fun visual: - when I was in labor with WonderGirl and we were racing towards the hospital, we needed some racing music so we put this tune on - which was perfect!  To this day, I can't listen to it without hearing my husband shouting "Outta my way, my wife is havin' a baby!!"  just because he could.  Brings a smile to my face every time :)

3 comments:

Sexy Husband said...

This came up on my mix while plowing the driveway this morning!

Lyndel said...

I love reading all your blogs :) This one is fantastic Reva lady! And are you really performing down here so soon!?!?!

Jane said...

Those are some great visuals; one, if your son starts running in circles, it must be good! And two, your husband yelling at non-existant people just for effect.
Awe-some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...