Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nursery Rhyme Jazz : Baby Loves Jazz

One gem about visiting my mom is all of her awesome teaching materials.  Besides all the things she accumulated from teaching elementary music for years, she's also a book junkie and collects absolute keepers.  Baby Loves Jazz is a part of the Baby Loves Music franchise which also runs the Baby Loves Disco events.  And are held no where near me, humph.

The company has so many books and CDs out it's overwhelming, so I'm just going to go with Nursery Rhyme Jazz for now.  The board book is bright, fun and engaging for even my spastic one year old.  The real treat is the accompanying CD that has jazz versions of Hey Diddle Diddle, the Itsy Bitsy Spider and others - and they are actually really good.;  Not your typical kiddie music that makes us parents slightly nauseous but we play it anyway because our kids enjoy it - this is something all ages can enjoy.  We played it in the car for days and sang along the whole time (so I'm including this under the Living Room Dance Party tag... those can happen in cars too!).  We also especially enjoyed Ella Elephant Scats Like That and I'll get around to a review at some point.  Check out the whole line, and tell me what your favorite is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think you need to invent Baby Loves Punk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...