Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday inspiration: it's universal, Bobby!


World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale from World Science Festival on Vimeo.

We all know of my love for Mr. McFerrin.  This clip from the 2009 World Science Festival has been making the rounds, and never fails to make me smile.  He presents on how the pentatonic scale is universal to our ears, regardless of cultural background.  It's an interesting argument -  and his honest joy at the result of his experiment is just wonderful.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Somehow I always think Bobby DARIN when I first see McFerrin and it takes me a minute to adjust.
They're both musical though, so it might make an odd sort of sense.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...